Only six entrances of the Vondelpark will be opened for public during warm weather this Summer due to Covid-19 regulations and necessary crowd control.
The open entrances are:
- Stadhouderskade (nearby Leidseplein and Max Euweplein);
- Van Eeghenstraat (Oud-Zuid district);
- Emmalaan (Oud-Zuid district);
- Amstelveenseweg (Oud-Zuid district);
- Kattenlaan (Oud-West district close to Overtoom);
- Vondelstraat (Oud-West district close to Vondelkerk);
Please use this map for guidance. (more content below the image)
Vondelpark in the Summer
The municipality of Amsterdam will have these regulations on all warm days in the Summer, we will try to inform you in time, but feel free to visit the website of the City of Amsterdam in case of doubt.
If you’re planning to visit Groot Melkhuis and enjoy some lovely food and drinks on our huge terrace in the middle of Vondelpark make sure you enter through one of the mentioned gates and you’re safe. The entrance at Van Eeghenstraat (Oud-Zuid), Kattenlaan (Overtoom) and Vondelstraat (Oud-West) are often without queues and are just a five minutes walk from Groot Melkhuis..
A reservation is not needed, we have plenty of seats on our huge terrace.
See you soon in Groot Melkhuis!